Bling Bling


Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Bonding with Art....

Since I was a little girl, I remember my dad always do his art drawings, paintings etc... which I do need to take some photo's of his work! He taught me how to color in the lines at 1 years old. Taught me to be creative! Since my girls were born he's always had that bond with them through coloring, he would sit down with them and just color and color for hours and hours and taught them so much...They would giggle and laugh. Kassidee and Maddison are really into art, coloring, painting, scrapbooking, fashion, etc..... Kassidee started doing this which really made my dad feel amazing! Her and Maddison mailed him a picture of what they were working on. I didn't think to take a picture till after I got the one's back from my dad in the mail, but I can certainly take it when I see my dad next! But below is what my dad sent them back. He made the frames and all. Mailed it directly to their names in a package! Maddison's is the first one, her picture was a four leaf clover, that's why you see it on hers. They are currently working on another picture to send back to him, and they are excited to keep this going! My dad was so excited to work on these art projects and looks forward to the next ones....I love the bond between grandparents and grandkids.... Thanks dad for being so patient and loving!


2 comments:

Shy Little Violets said...

So cute. I want you to know how awesome I think that bond is with your parents and your kids. I don't have that, Owen's grandparents aren't hands on at all, either side of the family, they just aren't like this. I think it's amazing!

Anonymous said...

Love the grandparent/granddaughter bonding! And the whole art exchange between your dad and the girls is amazing and wonderful. Kassidee showed a strong interest and ability in art when she was in my class. I'm so glad that this interest is continuing. It will provide her with much pleasure throughout her life.
Hugs to y'all,
Peg Anderson