Bling Bling


Wednesday, September 24, 2008

HUGE FAN.....

I am a huge fan of Sugar land. I love the fact that Heather Nettles (Gorgeous) for one, Kristian Bush (not to shabby) himself... Two that they write their own music on top of their amazing voices to sing these meaningful songs with such passion and real feelings.... She has the ability to change her voice, I love her personality, her positive outlook of life! She says life is short. We are reminded not to take ourselves too seriously. Some days we can just take a step to the side and let go laughing. I got to see them live at the country jam this year 2008 - and it was fabulous! They sang some of their new release songs for the first time there that were released on this deluxe album. I bought this right when it was released... AWESOME ALBUM!!!



She has a good point by this, People stereotype country music to be about "your dog dying, your mama dying, your wife leaving, your husband cheating, losing a job, etc, etc." If life were perfect and there were no conflicts to resolve, where would any artform be? This song is called "VERY LAST COUNTRY SONG"


Today is my birthday and all I want, is to dig through this box of pictures. In my Kitchen 'til the daylights gone,


This one here's my mama with the long, brown hair. I'm 40 years older today than she was in that picture there


But if life stayed the way it was, and lovers never fell out of love, if memories didn't last so long, if nobody did nobody wrong, if we knew what we had before it was gone, if every road let back home, this would be "The very last country song"


These are all my babies, lord knows how we survived, The first one was hard and the last wasn't planned, what a big surprise. That's him with is daddy's eyes


I loved the man in this one, it's faded but I don't care. There are nights when I wake up and know he's beside me I swear, Sometimes I feel him there


But if life stayed the way it was, and lovers never fell out of love, if memories didn't last so long, if nobody did nobody wrong, if we knew what we had before it was gone, if every road let back home, this would be "The very last country song"


If I knew what we had before it was gone, If every road led back home, this would be the very last country song.





I love every song on this album, but one I want to share is "Fall into Me"


When the weight of the world bears down so strong, you leave footprints on the street. And there's too many miles to face
Without a few more hours sleep, the storm clouds overhead won't shed, any rain to quench your thirst - I wanna be the one you reach for first
When your faith is stretched so thin, that you can see straight through your sole. And you can't find a nickel to buy a smile
'Cause your pockets all got holes, you wanna shut the door and hide before the day can get much worse - I wanna be the one you reach for first
Fall into me, my arms are open wide, and you dont' have to say a word. 'Cause I already see That it's hard and you're scared, and you're tired and it hurts and - I wanna be the one you reach for first
I wanna be the bottle, you've been drinking with your eyes, or the road you run away on! You've been running all your life, The third row pew, that you last knew as a child in church - I wanna be the one you reach for first.
Before you turn the key, before you fall asleep, before you drift away to fight those demons waiting for you in your dreams, before your arms are stretched wide open, before you reach into the sky, before you're searching for direction and all the answers to you why's
Fall into me, Oh, my arms are stretched wide open, you don't have to say a word, because I already see, that it's hard and you're scared. And you're tired and I know it hurts, and I wanna be the one you reach for first.

1 comment:

TAMPA said...

i love them too !!! she has a cool quality to her voice !!