Bling Bling


Wednesday, March 12, 2008

3rd Day of Spring Break

My little Kassidee is resting today! We had a scare last night around 1:30 am, she woke up with a 103 fever and couldn't breath, had a barking cough and holding her chest because it hurt so bad. She was in tears - and it worried me so I had to take her the ER, they said she has croup, which is a condition especially in infants and children of the larynx or trachea characterized by respiratory difficulty and hoarse brassy cough. They did give her a breathing treatment with a steriod to help her! They also gave her some tylenol for the high fever! They told me this is a viral infection that just needs to take it's course. It was so weird, because it just hit her like a ton of bricks! Hopefully she'll get feeling better, I feel so bad :(

2 comments:

Shy Little Violets said...

Weird. I had the croup when I was a baby. I hope she gets feeling better

Leavitt Family said...

My kids both got this about a month ago it can be soooo scary so I know how you feel!!! But I hope she is doing better now!!!