Bling Bling


Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Traditions..... Traditions......

Every year December 23rd is the annual "Wood" family Christmas party. I've been going to them since Mitch and I got together. I asked Mitch and he remembers them as a child so it's been a tradition for over 30 years!! It started with Grandpa Bill and Grandma Wilma would plan the party every year at their home, they would asign a what to bring on your invitations! They would give a bag to each person with an ordament and Mcdonald $5 dollar coupon books... Santa would come and hand out each person this gift. The kids loved it!! Since they've sold that house and got a little older now each year each one of their kids plan it. It's nice because each year it's different, they get to use their own ideas and plan with their own styles! This year it was Dave's turn - which Jody did the planning and I helped as much as I could. It turned out nice....... We had a very delicious dinner with lots of yummy yummy desserts! We had a sugar cookie decorating activity for the kids (which they absolutely loved), you'll see those photo's below :) Dave handed out christmas cards to each person with an ordament inside! It was my idea to get everyone together and take a HUGE portrait of the Wood Family. It turned out great! It would be a wonderful gift to blow up and give it to Bill and Wilma! Family parties are always fun, joining of all the extended family and seeing all of them grow each year :) I look forward to these for each side of our families - Merry Christmas!





No comments: