Bling Bling


Saturday, January 31, 2009

Maddison's updates........

I thought I should take a minute and post about Maddison and how well she is doing in school, at home and in her everyday life.. Maddison is getting so big and so smart! With her 2 years of pre-school and being in Kindergarten this year she has just grown with her personality, independence, math, spelling, reading, writing, and art. Her drive is amazing, she wants to learn everyday and is always eagar to do more! Maddison is 5 going on 6 in July. She is so excited to start 1st grade and go all day, she says!! She started to read her leveled library books every night and doing awesome. She is sounding out all the letters so well. Her handwriting is improving everytime she writes! We practice at home everyday her letters, uppercase and lowecase.

They have begun the "Healthy Me" unit at school. They have read several books about keeping healthy: Healthy Me, Kicking, Running, Stretching, and Go to sleep. Maddison was amazed to learn that the heart is a muscle and our brain is soft, grey and wrinkled. Maddison had a homework project for the week and she got a sticker everyday she did an excersise... She enjoyed doing the chart and returning it back to school.

Maddison is learning allot in the Math units that Kindergarten teaches. Her Teacher Mrs. Buzzell is an amazing women. I love her structure and teaching methods. Maddison has picked up so well on Math. They do allot of sequencing numerals, Math Matching, counting objects, weighing, and many more fun activities! Maddison also practices all of these at home! She loves to learn and I love to teach her when she is home.... Maddison had such a fun time with this project. Baby Chocolate is a moose from Maine. Each child got to take Baby Chocolate home for the night and take care of him/her. We learned all about the Moose, we did some research and got allot of great information. Maddison wrote her letter on how she took care of Baby Chocolate and also what they did together! They also got a Moose coloring project, Maddison did a great job! Each child gets a turn with the Moose, so it'll be exciting to see all the letters and what each did.



Maddison is doing a project at school currently, so when I get it completed I'll take a photo and post it. They are able to be future architects using toothpicks and gumdrops. She is enjoying creating different designs out the of basic shapes they have learned and have been discussing. Maddison is such a great kid. I love her so much and so proud of her and her accomplishments! I look forward to watching her grow and learn, and know she'll do so well in life with her drive and motivation. Both my girls teach me so much everyday..... I don't take one day for granted, it's such a blessing to have them in my life.

1 comment:

Jody said...

You go Girl!!!
Love ya
Aunt JoJo