
What an awesome experience this was to share and volunteer our time to help bring the Christmas spirit to these wonderful families! I helped cook one of the turkeys prepared for this wonderful Christmas dinner/program. My Mom Debby, Mitch, Kassidee, Maddison and me also went to help serve Christmas Day! It was the first time for my girls to volunteer at a function like this and they "Loved it".... Both my girls asked lots of questions about what we were doing and I expressed to them the reasons behind it and how it can effect one persons life... Giving is such an amazing feeling and quality that I will try to teach and instill in my girls. I remember when my mom took us to volunteer (I was about 8, Kassidee's age), and it was the coolest feeling I've ever felt. As I got older, the stories I heard got a little harder because I could understand more. But it didn't stop me for doing it again the next year. Others are less fortunate and this helped me to not take life for granted. To appreciate what I have and what I don't. That Family is the "MOST" important.

Serving desserts!! They had those beautiful smiles the whole time! I was so proud of Kassidee and Maddison for doing this... They said they were excited to do it again next year :)

Mitch and I walked around and helped pre-bus the tables, got more drinks, empy'd the garbages, helped the little kids to see Santa Claus! Talked to alot of these families, and heard there stories... I was so happy to be here and to help! The tears of joy came, but the feelings of excitement to see these kids get bags of gifts from Santa were priceless. The smiles on their faces was enough. I am grateful that I was able to take time out my Holiday to help others in theirs :)
4 comments:
I wanted to do some charity work like this with my family over the holidays. I think I waited too long to call. It is such a great idea and always needed.
I wanted to do some charity work like this with my family over the holidays. I think I waited too long to call. It is such a great idea and always needed.
We love guitar hero at our house too!!! It looks like you had a nice Christmas!!! The girls are so cute and getting so big!!! Hope all is well with your family!!! Love always!!!!
What a great lesson you handed your daughters. They won't forget these experiences just as you haden't. Looks like you guys got into the spirit of Christmas and did it right. I love you and your cute family, I hope all is well with you guys.
Post a Comment