Bling Bling


Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Fun..

It's that time of year! Carving pumpkins, which I LOVE. This is such a fun activity to do and watch... We taught the girls that pumpkins are a large round orange fruit. Pumpkins grow on a vine along the ground. The thick inside pulp can be eaten and is often used for making pies. People in the United States also carve and decorate pumpkins into jack-o'-lanterns to celebrate Halloween.

I love the yummy oven roasted seeds you get to bake. The smell of pumpkins is one of my favorites. The girls had such a blast drawing and cutting out their faces. Each one was awesome and had it's own identity! Mitch was trooper, dad's are the best when they clean the pumpkin! Mitch's face is priceless in the photos! The gooie feeling of the pulp and preparing the seeds to be baked. I am looking forward to Friday, Halloween costumes, parties, parades, trick or treating. The enjoyment of seeing the excitement in our girls...


3 comments:

TAMPA said...

Sooo cute... I love Kass's eyelashes on the pumpkin... :>)

Lytton Living said...

Cute post and cute finished Jack-O-Lanterns! I am excited for when Addi gets into holidays more and can create things on her own.

Leavitt Family said...

Those girls are getting sooo big!!! I love the big grins they are sooo cute!!!! You are such a good mom to keep them invovled in things that is awesome!!! They will remember that always!!! I love Halloween too what a fun time of year all together!!!!!