Bling Bling


Tuesday, August 12, 2008

1st Day of School

Today was the BIG day!!!! KINDERGARTEN & 3RD GRADE........ Yahoo!!!!! The first day back to school.... The girls got up early and got their outfits picked out. Maddison had me straighten her hair and Kassidee had me crimple hers... They were so excited to go that we went early! They had me take a picture of both outside their school board, and one inside. I was so nervous that Maddison would choke up and not let me leave the kindergarten room, but she was far from it. She was so independant and put her backpack on the hook, found her cubbyhole, picked a seat and started to color a picture! She gave Kassidee and I a huge hug and said I love you! AH!!!! I just wanted to melt, my little Maddi starting Kindergarten.

Kassidee was so positive to Maddison - telling her that she'll have SO MUCH fun in school. Told her if she needed anything she could ask her teacher or see if she could come get her sister if she got scared... How darling is that :) I am so proud of Kassidee that she is such a BIG sister and is being protective of her sister.


I love this photo! Kassidee was so excited to start school, and so excited for me to take her picture at her new desk but I think because we were one of the last students in due to dropping off Maddison first, she was a little embarressed that I wanted to take a picture while everyone was watching.... LOL - she was like MOM - so I didn't make a big deal, I just gave her a hug and wispered I loved her. She winked at me so I knew
I am so happy for this school year! I have signed up to be room mom for both classes so between the two I'll be a busy bee! Just the way I like it :)

1 comment:

Shy Little Violets said...

I LOVE Maddi's hair straight! What darling girls. What a milestone for you having both girls in school now. Life is ever changing and we learn so much every step of the way, most of the time we learn the most from our kiddos. Your girls are beautiful!