Bling Bling


Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!!

Dad has a quiet, deep influence on us. He is our guide, coach, our very own monster-basher, support and increasingly, as we grow up, our friend. He takes on so many roles so wonderfully, and so quietly that we almost take him for granted. And sometimes we even end up being a rebel.

On Father's Day, take time to say how much you appreciate him and make him feel special.


Yesterday was such a wonderful day! The girls and I got up and made Mitch breakfast... They gave Mitch their gifts that they hand-crafted at Brushfire! He was SO excited to get these! It meant more to him that the girls made him something then buying him anything... He was happy and the look on his face was priceless......... I know it made the girls feel really special what he said to them :)


Father's Day is a really special day for all those wonderful dad's out there! To honor all their hard work and dedication to their families! I adore and love my husband dearly, so I have this poem I found that goes hand in hand from me and the girls to our dad and all our grandpa's, uncles, friends -
"I just want you to know you mean the world to me,
Only a heart as dear as yours would give so unselfishly.
The many things you've done,
all the times that you were there,
helps me know deep inside how much you really care.
Even though I might not say,
I appreciate all you do,
Richly blessed is how we feel having a father just like you."













2 comments:

Alisa and Sky said...

ahh those fathers day presents are so cute! i bet mitch loved them!

I am not going back to work at accent anymore because i dont wont to work full time. I dont want to work at all actually...i just want to be a mom full time but unfortunately we are not financially able to do that, so i am working part time at fabulous freddys. i worked there about 2 years ago and they are super good about hours and i get a free car wash every week! the tips are good too..on average i will make about 13 dollars any hour which is good for a part time job thats really easy!

i am pretty busy this week, but we should do lunch or something next week for sure!

The Strong Family said...

What an awesome idea to do the pottery for Mitch. I have been to those places and they are way fun. You are such a great mom! Those girls are lucky to have you.